Rollin’ Local is a food truck concept coming in Fall of 2018. Owners, Michelle & Kristi will be serving locally sourced, responsibly farmed FARM to STREET foods! We welcome them as our guests on today’s blog post and are grateful for this INCREDIBLE pesto!
As supporters of the local farming community we shop farmers markets, endorse local artisans and we support our local CSA, Cypress Family Farm to Kitchen. We feel an intimate connection to our community and want to provide nourishing meals that are nutritious, delicious and locally sourced.
We believe in using the entire vegetable or protein in every possible way so we developed this Carrot Top Pesto. It can be tossed on potatoes, topped on fish or as a marinade for Chicken. Truly, the possibilities are endless!
Michelle & Kristi
Carrot Top Pesto
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 TBSP Raw Pine Nuts
- 2 TBSP Raw Pumpkin Seeds (Green)
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- 1 Bunch Carrot Tops
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1/4 Cup Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Process garlic, nuts, seeds, and red pepper flakes in a food processor until a paste forms. Add in carrot tops, basil, parmesan, lemon juice and process until a puree forms. Add in the olive oil and process to combine, season with salt and pepper.