To Thy Own Self be True
Forty Days to Rest, Renew & Restore
Looking at myself, sitting in the middle of February, something occurred to me…
We are a month and a half into the new year and resolutions are starting to wane. As the strict diets, exercise routines and health initiatives have started to fade the hopes we have had for 2018 may not be as clear as they were on January 1st.
While I have maintained a loose commitment to my yoga practice I’ve noticed that I’m less committed to nurturing my body mind and spirit as planned. It’s time to practice some serious self-care with the intention of achieving balance and rejuvenating.
Tonight, while on my yoga mat, I was reminded of something simple yet profound:
In order to serve others, we must first serve ourselves. Through the practice of gentle self-care we fill ourselves with love, hope, peace and relaxation. Only then are we able to share with others.
So, it’s time to practice some serious self-care with the intention of achieving balance and inner peace.
Over the course of the next 40 days, I will examine self-care in its most basic form and a variety of ways to rest, renew and restore.
DAY ONE- COMMITMENT & IDENTIFYING GOALS
Day One is going to be a pretty easy. I’m simply making a commitment and I would love for you to join me on this journey!!
The next 40 days are a commitment to improve; a commitment to focus; a commitment to rest, to renew & to restore.
If you decide to join the journey, each day will come with a few words of inspiration and some guided direction.
For tonight, it’s about setting a few simple goals.
1st ACT OF SELF-CARE:
Grab a notebook and sit in a comfortable, quiet place.
Grab your favorite pen. (Always important!)
Open to a clean sheet of paper.
Number from 1-7 down the left-hand side of the page.
Write down the following questions:
1. What do you hope for a friend, relative, co-worker or pet in the coming days?
2. Name the one thing you put into your body that makes you feel amazing? Is it taking your vitamins, your medicine, an herbal tea, tincture, the food you nourish your body with or just drinking more water?
3. Name one physical goal you would like to achieve over the course of the next 40 days.
4. What would you like to learn during this time of renewal?
5. Name one goal you have been working toward that you would like to fulfill over the course of the coming days.
6. What is a professional goal or a something that will bring you financial abundance? This could be as complicated as closing a HUGE deal at work to something as simple as winning bunko this month. Just think of where you want money to appear.
7.What do you wish for the world? It could be Mother Earth, the environment, the animal kingdom, the casualties of a recent tragedy, a particular non-profit…anywhere you want to see growth in a positive direction.
Close your eyes and take 3 deep breaths.
Upon opening your eyes, re-read each question and answer as specifically as possible.
Now that these questions are answered, we can move toward achieving self-fulfillment. In a short few days!!