A farmer friend approached me with an excess of ground chicken and in need of a recipe that will appeal to her customers. I had never had Thai Chicken and Basil before and she suggested I give it a shot. I’m so glad I did!!
I used pastured meats. While this recipe can be interchanged with conventional ground chicken, I strongly suggest trying to find a local farmer that raises their animals using these methods. The food is more fresh, succulent and you are supporting your local, small farmer. Win, win, win!
This meal took less than 30 minutes to prepare and is loaded with delicious flavor. (I even found a way to sneak in some greens….shhhhh….they will never know!!)
Bravado Spice Co Serrano Basil Ground Chicken and Basil
- 1/4 Onion Sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Pound Pastured Ground Chicken
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 Cup Bravado Spice Co Serrano- Basil Hot Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Spinach Chopped
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp Crushed Red Pepper
- Salt to Taste
- Sauté onion and garlic in sesame oil until soft and fragrant.
- Cook ground chicken until done then drain excess water, if any.
- Season Chicken Mixture with Garlic & Onion Powder. Add 1/4 Bravado Spice Co Serrano- Basil Hot Sauce and stir.
- Add Chopped spinach and basil. Finish with Fish Sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes on low. Top with crushed red pepper and salt to taste. Serve over rice or on its own!