Houston in August is hot!!! Like, next level hot.
The idea of standing in front of a stove when temps are averaging high 90’s seems insane.
Over the next 5 Fridays we will be sharing some of our favorite salad recipes designed to keep your kitchen cool while still highlighting the summer’s harvest.
The first of our 5 recipes will be our Confetti Corn Salad.
Since we only eat corn from our farmers, it is a rare treat we are only able to enjoy during the hot summer months. Jack gets super excited to enjoy fresh, sweet summer corn and we usually have an abundance for the months of June, July and August.
The trick to bringing out the subtle sweetness of the corn is to give it a light char. I have a gas stove so I usually roast my corn on open flame. Be careful because the corn ‘pops,’ creating a kitchen dodgeball effect!! Of course, a grill with the corn placed on open flame is a brilliant option for those unwilling to play Matrix with your food.
This summer salad incorporates summer zucchini, bell peppers, onions and cilantro into a refreshing salad that can be enjoyed as a side or a satisfying lunch.
Let is know what you think by commenting below!
Share pics your recreation of our dish using #farmtokitchencollective to show the love!
In the meantime, stay cool my friends….fall will be here to save us soon!
Confetti Corn Summer Salad
- 2 Ear Corn on the Cob Fresh
- 1/2 Purple Onion Diced
- 1/2 Zucchini Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Finely Diced
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1 TBSP Dijon Mustard
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 1 TBSP Honey
- 1 TBSP Cumin
- Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper
- 1 Whole Lime Juiced
- 1/8 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Char Corn on grill or stovetop.
- Combine corn, onion, zucchini, bell pepper and cilantro. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, make dressing by adding Dijon, honey, cumin, salt, pepper and lime. Slowly drizzle Olive Oil into mixture, whisking to incorporate.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix through.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
3 thoughts on “Summer Corn Confetti Salad”
Sounds delicious! I’m adding this to my menu plan for this week!
Thank you! Let me know how you like it!!