So, due to a co-op SNAFU, I ended up with far too much cilantro. Like WAAAAAAAAY too much.
In my quest to dress ‘all of the things’ with cilantro, I came across the very last of my green beans.
Is it possible?– surely…
Has anyone tried it?– Likely…Right?
Well, I got a little more than I bargained for when I came across an amazing little website called A Beautiful Plate! Not only did Chef Laura combine Green Beans and Cilantro….she charred them, too!!
That’s right- Charred green beans!!!
I had a few tomatoes, onions and feta on hand so I created a small Texas twist on an already PERFECT dish.
This could be eaten as a main, served as a side and….added to a salmon rice bowl….That’s right. It makes salmon sing!!
Charred Green Bean Summer Salad
- 1 Pound Green Beans Fresh, cut & Trimmed
- 1 TBSP Avocado Oil
- 1 Cup Tomatoes Diced
- 1/2 Purple Onion Diced
- 1 Lime Freshly Juiced
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 TBSP Mustard
- 1/8 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro Freshly Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Feta
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Place beans in a bowl (or bag) and Salt & Pepper and a drizzle of oil to help seasoning stick.
- Turn on vent hood/ exhaust fan.Coat heavy duty skillet with 1 TBSP Avocado Oil and allow to heat on high for 3 minutes. (I used cast iron.)
- Cook, over high heat for 12 minutes; Attentively stirring to allow beans to char but not burn.
- When beans are soft but still firm, turn off heat; salt lightly then, allow beans to cool.
- Add cooled beans to bowl with tomatoes, onion and cilantro.
- In small bowl create a vinaigrette by adding lime juice, garlic and mustard. Drizzle Olive Oil slowly while whisking mixture. Pour over green bean mixture and stir in feta.
- Enjoy immediately or chill in fridge until ready.
Please, stop by A Beautiful Plate, show some love and check out her Charred Green Beans with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette!
After all, she has just changed the way you will look at green beans- FOREVER!! Enjoy!!