There is something about the sweetness of the pineapple that makes butternut squash sing! When we first saw the Pineapple Hab sauce from Bravado, the thought of butternut (or sweet potatoes as a sub) immediately came to mind.
I’ve seen many recipes with freshly cubed pineapple . If you would like a sweeter dish, add pineapple to mixture after 30 minute cooking mark!
Bravado Spice Pineapple & Habanero sauced Butternut Squash with Fried Sage
- 1 Whole Butternut squash (or 3 sweet potatoes) Peeled & Cubed
- 1/4 cup Bravado Spice Co Pineapple & Habanero Hot Sauce
- Salt, Pepper to Taste
- 1 tsp Crushed red pepper
- 1 TBSP Honey
- 4 Leaves Sage
- 1 TBSP Avocado or Coconut Oil (Recommended but any oil you prefer will do.)
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Goat Cheese
- Preheat Oven to 375 degreesPeel and Cube Butternut Squash. Season with Salt, Pepper & Red Pepper.
- Coat Squash in 1/4 cup Bravado Spice Co Pineapple Habanero Hot Sauce.Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven; add 2 TBSP honey and stir.Cook for 20 minutes more or until done.
- Place oil in small pan and heat. Lay sage leaves flat and cook until crisp. Remove & drain.
- When squash is cooked though, stir and add to bowl. Garnish with goat cheese & sage.Serve warm.